My work is never done...

So it's 7:47 on a Wednesday night, and while I should be sitting down on the couch with a blanket, some strawberry ice cream and American Idol, I am, instead, back at work. While blogging might not be an everyday work-related activity for anyone reading this (I hope not, anyway), I am not at my work computor, I am not typing this on an Office Depot computor while I wait for copies to be made, no, I am babysitting.

I wouldn't really call it babysitting, though. Babysitting insinuates a "baby", when instead, I am the security blanket for my pal Caleb, a third-grader who basically takes care of himself unless he burns his popcorn...then it's my problem. I actually think that I am more of the security blanket for Caleb's mother, my boss. She loves her kids to no end, but tonight some friends asked her and her husband to go see a play with them, and she wasn't about to turn down an opportunity like that. She was so worried about who would be taking care of her children that she was about to follow the lemmings off the cliff before I told her I wasn't busy tonight, and that I could hang out with the boys. Easiest 28 bucks I ever made.

So tonight is about video games for Caleb, and maybe I'll work on my book. Right now I am chipping away at Paradise by Toni Morrison. Paradise is surprisingly easy to follow, for a Toni Morrison book, that is. I still don't get everything, but I haven't finished the book yet, so why would I? It is definitely an entertaining read, and much more interesting than watching lego Luke Skywalker fight storm troopers on Caleb's video game. Until next time...

Comments

KeriAnn said…
Charissa, i'm glad you are a "blogger". just curious: what do you want to do with your degree?

Ker, oh, and thanks for the very sweet comment on my page.

Popular posts from this blog

Hope

Opening the gift

Cayden Elizabeth Ann Bernard