A week spent being a parent to six kiddos




So this past week, Bryan and I became the guardians of six kids...my five Vettrus cousins and little brother. My parents, along with my grandparents, and two sets of aunts and uncles (including the Vettrus' parents) went to Hawaii for the week, and just got home last night at 1:30 a.m. In their absence, Bryan and I were in charge of all their kids, ranging in ages between 10 and 16.

While this might seem like a daunting undertaking with a full-time job and church committments, we had a blast. These kids are so easy to take care of...especially with Bryan playing right alongside them in their many airsoft battles throughout the memorial day weekend. The toughest part was cooking for all of them, and that was only hard because I didn't know how long to cook a frozen lasagna...or pizza. But they made it through, as did we. There were a few mishaps along the way...Bryan almost killed himself on the 4-wheeler, Jason (the 10-year-old) only showered twice in seven days (unbeknownst to me), we ate a whole box of corndogs, their dog almost got run over by a backhoe, and Shane (my bro) had over 50 airsoft pellet welts by the end of the week, but overall, no one died, so we deemed the week a success.
When we were packing up to go, Bryan didn't want to go. He loves the country (they live outside of Turner), and was loving being a parent. He was like, "I just like having kids..."
Oh, great. And I was hoping this week might have been a form of birth control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope

Opening the gift

Cayden Elizabeth Ann Bernard