Valentine's Day

Bryan has been pretty busy this month, with planning our youth group retreat and getting ready to go to Peru again, so I told him that I would take care of planning our Valentine's Day activities. The great part about planning the activities is you can pick something you've always wanted to do! So I did just that (know Bryan would love it too!). We got away after church on Sunday (thank you to Bryan's parents for taking care of our kids!) and drove 2 hours to Belknap Hot Springs. 
For more info on Belknap click on the link
We were gone less than 24 hours, but had a very relaxing time attempting to make a fire in the wood burning fire place (there was a hidden flue!), eating lots of fondue, exploring the hiking trails and secret gardens,
 
and of course, enjoying the 104 degree hot springs!
 On the actual holiday, Cayden and I went to Salem to hand deliver our Valentines. First we stopped at Grandma Julie's.
 Then we trekked out to Corban, where we saw Kyle, and delivered cards to Grandpa Bryce, Aunt Carrie and Uncle Shane (in their classes - sorry teachers!). We also stopped by Beth's tree to say hi.
 Then I dropped Cayden off at church with my dad while I went to work for a few hours, and he took her to    my parent's house, where Cayden played with Grandma Jill.
 She's getting better and better at standing while doing other things. She also took her first steps the day before Valentine's Day. I didn't see them, but Bryan said she took three steps toward him from the couch.

To end the Valentine's Day festivities, we had chocolate fondue with Lauren and Joe after Cayden went to sleep. Good times!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope

Opening the gift

Cayden Elizabeth Ann Bernard