A weekend for the recordbooks

This weekend was one to remember for many reasons....This little one rolled over for the first time yesterday (from her tummy to back)!

The weather was at its warmest all year...and we took advantage! Cayden and I, along with friends Kari, Isla and Kylie Lute, Alicia and Brittany, went up to Woodburn to visit the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival on Friday. Besides a little wind, it was beautiful!

Crazy story about God's provision....as I was pulling away from my house, I remembered that my camera battery was pretty low last time I used it. With not enough time to charge it now, I thought maybe I could charge it at the Lutes when I got there to pick up the girls. So I ran inside and grabbed my charger.


Well, I forgot to charge it at the Lutes, and sure enough, the battery died on the third picture I took. I ran back to some of the tents that were set up at the entrance, and asked a guy with a promo van whether I could use one of the outlets on his extension cord. He was nice enough to let me charge the battery there. So I ran back to the car to get the charger. Meanwhile, the rest of my group was still wandering the tulip fields, so as soon as I plugged in the charger, I left to go meet up with them again. I had to jog out there to catch up, which prompted an unfortunate slow bladder release....I haven't run like that in a long time...and pregnancy is not kind to those muscles! So I slowed down to a quick walk. Anyway, I got back to them, and we took some pics on Kari's camera. When we had walked the whole field, we headed over to the kids area, and I fast walked back to the entrance, where my camera battery was charging. When I walked up, the guy was talking to someone else about how he was only going to be there for another half hour....good thing I had come back when I did! Thank you Lord!
I grabbed my charger and battery, thanked him, and started walking the half mile back. I shoved the battery and charger into my coat pocket while walking, not realizing that I had actually dropped the battery in the grass! Thank you Lord again for letting a lady notice, and say "Hey! You dropped something!" Wow...that would have been super frustrating to walk all the way back for the second time and STILL not have my battery! God definitely was watching out for me and my hobby....just goes to show that He cares about the silly things we care about! Thanks to Him, I got all these pictures in the post, and some great memories were captured!
Here is Isla...she is so grown up now! She will be 3 in September!

Me and my baby.Kylie loved attacking these tulips!The three girls! BFFs!



Brittany holding Cayden...she was a great babysitter while I was galavanting around trying to get my battery charged!Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of Alicia and Kari! Sorry guys! But we had a great time!


On a similar note, Saturday was also beautiful weather....so we drove up to Salem, dropped Cayden off with Gma Bernard and then headed to Portland for Game 4 of the playoff between the Blazers and the Dallas Mavericks! The game was amazing...and that's an understatement. You know how I said this weekend was one for the recordbooks? Well we witnessed the greatest comback in Blazer playoff history, and the second greatest comback in NBA history. The Blazers were down by 23 at one point in the 3rd quarter, down by 18 going into the 4th! Brandon Roy took over, scoring 18 points in the 4th quarter, and leading the Blazers to a 84-82 victory. The first 3 quarters were PAINFUL to watch, with the Blazers shooting in the neighborhood of 25 percent....but it was worth it to stick around. We took Chris Lee and Lauren with us, and saw many friends there!


And then there was Easter!

Easter = celebration of Christ's resurrection + opportunity to do a thematic photo shoot with Cayden!



Yes, I put her in the basket...but she was sleeping and had no idea this should be annoying to her!

Comments

Family of 5 said…
You have been a busy mama!! Love all the pics of the tulip festival and the Easter ones!!! She's adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Hope

Opening the gift

Cayden Elizabeth Ann Bernard