7 months

Somebody is 7 months old...yesterday.

 What's the big deal guys?
 Today was a busy day. Bryan is off on the college beach retreat and Lauren went to work concessions at the OSU game and Joe decided to stay home and do homework slash watch T.V. and I went to Salem. After dropping Cayden off at Bryce and Julie's, I met up with Melissa and Alicia for brunch and then went to visit Mal and Eden for a bit. 
After that, Alicia and I went back to Bryce and Julie's where Cayden was sleeping like a dead person....she slept for 2 hours....sprawled out on her back, binkie on her chest ....just OUT. After Cayden woke up, Alicia went home and I took Cayden out to my parents' farm, where she tried out her scooter (first pic on this post), which used to be Shane's!   
My mom's friend, Ann came out to pick pears with my mom. She and Cayden fed the neighbor's horse...named Angie!

And btw, Cayden doesn't like it when you take her binkie away.
But she sure does love pears!
And she loves secrets from Macie.
Stats as of 9/28/11:
Weight: 15 pounds, 9.5 oz (25th percentile)
Height: 26 and 1/8 inches (41st percentile)
Head circumference: 17 and 1/4 inches (72nd percentile)
The only thing she's outgrowing are the head holes in the onesies!

This month Cayden dove headfirst into baby food, eating 2-3 cans a day plus either barley or oatmeal cereal every day. She is rolling around a lot and attempting to crawl using her toes. It doesn't really work, but she's getting the idea that she needs to use her legs to get where she wants to go. We started water babies class at Osbourne....which is quite embarrassing. We sing really dumb songs that the kids are completely clueless about and I don't really sing, I just bob Cayden around in the water. She likes the class most of the time, except when she is ready for a nap instead of a swim. Another thing I dislike very much about swimming pools are all the wrinkly women walking around naked in the changing rooms. So not ok. But other than those drawbacks, Cayden is learning how to deal with being dipped, enjoys drinking the water, and sometimes floats on her back (while I hold her head up).
likes to "sing" at church during worship, or whenever she is somewhere loud. She now goes into the nursery with Joice every Sunday. She has "mastered" cheerios, but still has a hard time getting ahold of banana pieces. She is not a fan of ground chicken, and I can't really blame her. It smells like wet dog food. She loves to be anywhere but home (bad sign?) and has started sleeping through the night, inconsistently, but still, I will take it! She pretty much will sleep from 1:00 am to 7:00 am, which is great! She takes two naps a day, sometimes three. She usually wakes up happy in the morning, eats and then is ready for her first nap by 9 am, unless we are out doing something.
She usually falls asleep in the car once we hit 55 mph, and she loves to chew paper. Oh, and fruit stems. I wonder when she will figure out that is not the tastiest part of the fruit. She has 2 teeth all the way through, and has only bitten me twice, and it wasn't intentional. She doesn't know any words, but babbles "dadadada" and "nananana" so I'm hoping someday those will turn into Daddy and Mama.
She doesn't really mimic us, except when splashing or eating. She always watches us eat and usually gets jealous if she can't eat too. She is fascinated by mouths....always has been now that I think about it. When she looks at people, she usually won't smile unless they do something funny with their mouth. She likes to play the binkie game where I steal it from her mouth with my mouth and she takes it back, then gives it back to me. She thinks it's funny and it's our only game, so I have to record it, no matter how silly it is! Cayden went to her first non-family babysitter this month....Lois and her sister Seihwa watched her for a few hours while I was tutoring and Bryan was at a meeting. She did great of course, and even fell asleep before we picked her up. 
I can't think of anything else, so that's it for now! 
  
PS. This is my 200th blog! Can you believe it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening the gift

Hope

Cayden Elizabeth Ann Bernard