Z battle.

The above photo has nothing to do with this post, but I think posts without any photos are boring....so, yeah. We went to another Blazer game a week ago, and I've put off putting up the photo....se here ya go. That's me at 33.5 weeks.

Now on to my real post/rant.

Sleeping is no longer something I look forward to, it has become a chore.
Although I yawn continuously throughout the day and am generally very tired, when we go to bed every night, I'm pretty much dreading the next 6 hours of my life. Actually, the hip pain doesn't really kick in until around 2 a.m....around when Sun comes home every night. So I sleep for about 3 hours, and then wake up from my hip hurting. I then attempt to roll over (which is much more difficult these days) without waking up Bryan (which is pretty much impossible these days). Then, after about another hour of fitful sleeping, the other hip starts to hurt, so the process is repeated....again and again until it's just not worth it anymore and I just get up. My goal is to make it until 6 or 7 a.m. before giving up.

Last night I made it to 12:30 a.m.

I was trying out a new technique with pillows, which in turn cut off the circulation to my feet, making them all tingly every 30 seconds. I was constantly fidgeting....I'm sure driving Bryan crazy....so I put on my robe and went downstairs to sleep on the couch and attempt to get some blood flowing back into my lower extremities. Around 2 a.m., Sun came home, surprised to see me on the couch....and I slept off and on until 7 a.m., when Bryan woke up and went to church and I crawled back in our bed and slept intermittently until 11 a.m.

Like I said...a chore.

I am already dreadfully behind on my sleep, and in less than 6 weeks (hopefully), I will have a crying alarm clock to attend to every two hours. Is this a cruel joke, God?

"Rejoice always, pray continually".....I think there's a reason why 1 Thessalonians 5 has these verses right next to each other. One cannot come without the other.

Comments

Unknown said…
Okay this probably won't help and I should probably just keep my mouth shut, but as we all know I am never one to keep quiet, haha. I got so little sleep (from peeing every 5 seconds) the last couple months of pregnancy that I actually was relieved when Eden arrived. Yes, I had to wake up every 2 hours, but at least it was for a good reason...trust me, much more motivating then for peeing (or hip pain in your case). Hopefully that works for you too! She is almost here :)
paulashley said…
I had really bad insomnia issues all throughout this pregnancy, and my doctor suggested Ambien. She said it was safe for the baby, and it really helped me to stay rested up before she got here.
Elizabeth said…
I actually slept far better once my babies arrived. If you're blessed with a good sleeper, you may find that she wakes you up to eat less often than you are currently waking up to pee (that was the case for me). Plus, while you are sleeping, you are light years more comfortable not being pregnant!

In the meantime, my solution was to sleep with one pillow between my legs, one pillow wedged under my belly, and one pillow wedged behind my back. That was the most comfortable it could get. Also, find a pool (or hot tub with the temperature turned way down) to get in if at all possible - it takes all the weight off!
Sleeping a chore??? May it never be! The art of restful sleep will be yours again. ...you will find the right combination of variables to create your much needed rest time. Keep trying! This is a skill required beyond pregnancy you know. Now it's a big belly, in 17 yrs it may be a small straining ear to hear the car pull into the drveway. You get the picture. Truth is we can only live/sleep one day/night at a time and as Paul learned to be content in 'whatever' I wish you my sleepy daughter a night of content and happy. Lovin' you! mom
Jessica Brammer said…
I have the hardest time at the end of pregnancy too. I always look forward to when the baby comes because even if I have to feed every few hours, I am so tired and my body is finally empty again that I sleep like a log. The end is near!

Popular posts from this blog

Opening the gift

Hope

Cayden Elizabeth Ann Bernard